Sunday, May 5, 2019

4 Years Later

So I need to create stuff.

It's now 2019. I stopped writing in this blog 4 years ago when I finished my Peace Corps service and I've lived 4 years worth of life since then.  To give credit to my time in Panama, there has been no 2 year span of life that has taught me more than my Peace Corps service--no contest.  At the same time, it's 2019 and I'm more of an adult than I was coming out of Peace Corps.  I have a grown-up job, I'm dating a real live boy, and my political opinions are way more developed than they were in 2015.  And yet, there is something I'm looking to pull back from my Peace Corps days.  I need to create!

These days I'm still reading books (not to the same extent I was in Peace Corps, but still), and I'm still listening to music.  I am who I am, ya know that's not gonna change.  The biggest change recently is that I have a 9-5 job and I have bills like a regular person.  At the same time, I don't want to lose my sense of creativity and curiosity.  I still want to keep doing new things and exploring new ideas, and most of all I need to create.  Creativity is what makes people human.  Whatever I create doesn't have to be good.  I don't have to share it with anyone if I don't want to.  But it needs to be something that I made.  Creating something reminds me that I'm an individual and I have my own unique flavor to add to the world.

So yea, its gonna happen.  I'm thinking writing and podcasting, because words have always been my medium.  Words are important to me and they're how I express myself.  I'll probably just post some things to SoundCloud or write some blogposts here just to be able to look back on them and know that I made something.  That's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Making a New Blog

I'm making a new blog and discontinuing this one.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm feeling a real need to create something (f...